News from: BBC & CNN
- Hospitals becoming a ‘dumping ground’ for kidson 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- 10-year-old shoot mom over VR headseton 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- $200,000 worth of supplies donated to PB schoolson 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- Car chase ends with police-involved shootingon 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- Cars totaling nearly $200k stolen from dealershipon 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- 5th grader raises $2,000 for grieving teacheron 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- Mother fends off raccoon from daughteron 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- Condo owners remember building scareon 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- Fire crews respond to fire at boarded up buildingon 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- Christmas parade road closures and detourson 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- Milwaukee Dancing Grannies planning returnon 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- HS football players gain perspective helping vetson 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- She made a promise to her husband to keep their tree farm goingon 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- Almost 200 animals rescued from puppy millon 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- Water study could delay commercial constructionon 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- Girl who called 911 for her father honoredon 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- Family throws surprise birthday party at Eagles tailgate for Vietnam veton 2023-12-08 at 18:05
- Elizabeth Magill: UPenn loses $100m donation after House antisemitism testimonyon 2023-12-08 at 16:34
A major University of Pennsylvania donor withdraws grant after Congress hearing about antisemitism on campus.
- Chinese garlic is a national security risk, says US senatoron 2023-12-08 at 16:14
Rick Scott says Chinese garlic grown in sewage is unsafe and poses a threat to national security.
- MLK house: Bystanders prevent attempt to burn down Dr King’s birth homeon 2023-12-08 at 15:22
Police say bystanders stopped the arson attempt and “saved an important part of American history”.
- US jobless rate falls to lowest level since Julyon 2023-12-08 at 14:51
Employers added a better-than-expected 199,000 jobs in November, despite efforts to cool the economy.
- Hunter Biden faces second federal indictment, this time on tax evasionon 2023-12-08 at 12:46
The president’s son allegedly evaded at least $1.4m in taxes while funding an “extravagant lifestyle”.
- Pardoned rapper Kodak Black arrested on drugs chargeson 2023-12-08 at 11:01
The American rapper faces court on drugs charges three years after being pardoned by Donald Trump.
- Hunter Biden’s tax indictment: Drugs, escorts and girlfriendson 2023-12-08 at 04:44
Mr Biden allegedly spent a fortune on “various women”, “adult entertainment”, luxury hotels and cars.
- UNLV shooting: Ex-professor had ‘target list’ when he killed three on campuson 2023-12-08 at 01:19
Officials said being denied “several” jobs at various colleges may have been a motive for the shooting.
- Texas woman with risky pregnancy granted abortion despite state banon 2023-12-08 at 01:15
Kate Cox sued Texas to have an abortion after her foetus was diagnosed with a lethal condition.
- How US lawmakers are divided on Ukraine fundingon 2023-12-08 at 00:39
Senators are at a stalemate, as some Republicans insist the aid be tied to sweeping US immigration and asylum reforms.
- First look at McDonald’s new restaurant CosMc’son 2023-12-07 at 23:17
The chain, opening its first location in Illinois this week, will offer coffee and other specialty drinks.
- Why is Vivek Ramaswamy doubling down on conspiracy theories?on 2023-12-07 at 23:13
The Republican candidate mentioned several fringe ideas during Wednesday’s debate.
- Ukraine war: Russia tricks US actors into appearing in propaganda videoson 2023-12-07 at 20:06
Videos of actors like Elijah Wood posted on Cameo have been used to spread falsehoods about Ukraine.
- Pearl Harbor veteran remembers attack 82 years onon 2023-12-07 at 18:10
Ira “Ike” Schab, now 103, was aboard the USS Dobbin when the US naval base was bombed.
- Why are some Republicans opposing more aid for Ukraine?on 2023-12-07 at 17:29
Waning interest in Ukraine and mounting border concerns give the party a potent political weapon.
- Jamaal Bowman: House censures Democrat lawmaker for falsely pulling fire alarmon 2023-12-07 at 17:14
Jamal Bowman pulled the fire alarm during a crucial vote in a congressional building.
- Ukraine still hopeful for US aid package after Senate setbackon 2023-12-07 at 16:08
Senate Republicans blocked a $110bn aid package for Ukraine, Israel and humanitarian efforts in Gaza.
- Bob Dylan sells Scottish Highlands estate for £4mon 2023-12-07 at 13:30
The singer bought Aultmore House in 2006 but has not visited in at least four years
- Nikki Haley under attack and more Republican debate takeawayson 2023-12-07 at 05:02
Time is running out for DeSantis, Christie, and Ramaswamy to break away from the pack.
- The Scot at the heart of the NFL’s most divisive playon 2023-12-06 at 06:17
A Scottish rugby player has helped refine the ‘brotherly shove’ – a move pundits call ‘undefendable’.
- Jamie Foxx holds back tears as he addresses serious illnesson 2023-12-06 at 00:03
The actor has been missing from the public eye since April 2023, as he battled an undisclosed life-threatening condition.
- Montreal mayor collapses during news conferenceon 2023-12-05 at 23:05
Mayor Valérie Plante said she is “out of danger” and will reduce her workload in the coming days after the incident.
- US election 2024: The longshot candidates who could swing the voteon 2023-12-05 at 22:21
Independent and third-party nominees could siphon voters from the Democrats and the Republicans.
- Virginia home explodes as police respond to callon 2023-12-05 at 16:46
A huge explosion destroys at least one home in Arlington, Virginia as police carried out a search warrant.
- Breaking down the Grand Theft Auto VI trailer…in 79 secondson 2023-12-05 at 15:28
Here’s what our main takeaways are from the long-awaited trailer for the gaming blockbuster.
- The Holdovers: Could the Oscar-tipped film be a new Christmas classic?on 2023-12-05 at 01:50
Paul Giamatti and Alexander Payne team up 20 years after Sideways for The Holdovers, about a misanthrope under the mistletoe
- The country where Kissinger left a legacy of bombs and turmoilon 2023-12-03 at 00:46
Henry Kissinger died aged 100 this week. His policies caused widespread destruction in Cambodia.
- ‘Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!’ – Home Alone actor gets Hollywood Walk of Fame staron 2023-12-02 at 04:31
Macaulay Culkin unveils his Hollywood star and says the honour is meaningful to him as a father.
- ‘I could not get an interview with a law firm’on 2023-12-01 at 21:47
Sandra Day O’Connor spoke to the BBC in 2006 about becoming the first female US Supreme Court Justice.
- George Santos: Embattled congressman’s expulsion leaves Republicans vulnerableon 2023-12-01 at 20:15
As the party’s majority falls to just three votes, Democrats eye a chance to win a special election.
- Filmmakers discover 128-year-old shipwreckon 2023-12-01 at 00:02
The hulk of the ‘Africa’ is found on the bed of Lake Huron in Canada by filmmakers looking for mussels.
- Watch: Henry Kissinger’s life and legacy in his own wordson 2023-11-30 at 04:38
Former foreign policy giant Henry Kissinger has died aged 100.
- GOP prepared to block vote to replace Feinstein on Senate Judiciaryon 2023-04-18 at 22:03
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said on Tuesday that he hopes to replace Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein on the Senate Judiciary Committee with Sen. Ben Cardin of Maryland and aims to set up a floor vote on the issue this afternoon, which Republicans are expected to block.
- Supreme Court seems sympathetic to postal worker who didn’t work Sundays in dispute over religious accommodationson 2023-04-18 at 17:37
The Supreme Court seemed to side with a former mail carrier, an evangelical Christian, who says the US Postal Service failed to accommodate his request to not work on Sundays.
- Anti-abortion doctors urge Supreme Court to keep mifepristone restrictions in placeon 2023-04-18 at 16:35
A group of doctors opposed to abortion asked the Supreme Court Tuesday to restrict access to a key medication abortion drug while other legal challenges play out, as Wednesday night’s deadline for the court to act approaches.
- McCarthy makes plea for Republicans to back debt ceiling planon 2023-04-18 at 15:17
Speaker Kevin McCarthy made a plea to House Republicans during a closed-door meeting Tuesday morning to back his debt ceiling plan, telling them that although it doesn’t have to include everything they want, it will help get him to the negotiating table with President Joe Biden.
- Fulton County, Georgia, jail leadership resigns after inmate’s death and accusations of unsanitary conditionson 2023-04-18 at 15:08
Three officials at the Fulton County, Georgia, jail have stepped down amid an investigation into the death of an inmate whose family said was housed in a filthy, bug-infested cell that “was not fit for a diseased animal.”
- China’s economy is off to a solid start, rising 4.5% in Q1 2023on 2023-04-18 at 07:01
China’s economy is off to a solid start in 2023 following its emergence from three years of strict pandemic restrictions.
- He was free for 2 years. Now Crosley Green is back in prison for a crime he says he didn’t commiton 2023-04-17 at 22:45
A Florida man who served three decades behind bars for a murder he says he didn’t commit returned to prison Monday after spending the past two years building a life outside prison walls.
- Family of victim and survivors of Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting file lawsuit against gun magazine manufacturer and distributorson 2023-04-17 at 18:54
The family of a victim and several survivors of a mass shooting at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis filed a lawsuit against companies involved in the manufacturing, marketing and sale of the high capacity magazine used by the gunman who killed 8 people and injured several others in 2021.
- McDonald’s is upgrading its burgerson 2023-04-17 at 16:31
McDonald’s, which has been focusing on upgrading its core items to boost sales, is rolling out a series of changes designed to improve its signature burgers.
- Google-parent stock drops on fears it could lose search market share to AI-powered rivalson 2023-04-17 at 15:52
Shares of Google-parent Alphabet fell more than 3% in early trading Monday after a report sparked concerns that its core search engine could lose market share to AI-powered rivals, including Microsoft’s Bing.
- Tennessee Air National Guardsman applied to be a hitman online, the FBI says. It was a spoof website and now he’s facing chargeson 2023-04-17 at 09:06
A Tennessee Air National Guardsman is facing charges after applying to be a hitman on a spoof “rent-a-hitman” website, according to the Department of Justice.
- Even when wives make as much as husbands, they still do more at homeon 2023-04-16 at 17:29
• Four out of the five US metro areas with the lowest unemployment are in Florida. Here’s why • Opinion: The overlooked problem with raising the retirement age for Social Security
- Canada ‘Sixties Scoop’: Indigenous survivors map out their storieson 2020-12-14 at 00:05
Canada’s “Sixties Scoop” saw thousands of indigenous children forcibly removed from their families.
- New Christmas campaign for Canadians held in Chinaon 2020-12-10 at 01:39
The campaign is based on efforts around a similar case involving a British journalist fifty years ago.
- New Brunswick outbreak: How a smalltown doctor became a Covid pariahon 2020-11-25 at 01:23
After being labelled “patient zero”, a small-town physician in Canada was shunned.