News from: NDTV, Timesofindia.com & Thehindu.com
- PM Modi gave mantra for Indo-Pacific: Defence minister Rajnath Singhon 2023-09-26 at 05:47
- Punjab Cops’ Big Action Against BJP’s Manpreet Badal In Corruption Caseon 2023-09-26 at 05:23
The Punjab Police today issued a Look-Out Circular (LOC) at all airports against former finance minister and BJP leader Manpreet Singh Badal.
- Partnership between US, India vital for stability in Indo-Pacific: US Army Chief Gen Randy Georgeon 2023-09-26 at 05:09
The partnership between the US and Indian Army is crucial for stability in the Indo-Pacific, according to US Army’s Chief of Staff General Randy George. He stated that the relationship between the armies is strong and growing stronger. General George made these remarks during the Indo-Pacific Armies Chiefs Conference (IPACC) in New Delhi.
- Mumbai Police Chargesheet Against 26/11 Accused Tahawwur Ranaon 2023-09-26 at 05:02
The Mumbai police have submitted a chargesheet before a special court here against Pakistani-origin Canadian businessman Tahawwur Rana for his involvement in the November 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
- Our Vision For Indo-Pacific Emphasises Respect For Sovereignty: Army Chiefon 2023-09-26 at 04:51
India’s outlook for Indo-Pacific emphasises respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity of all nations, Chief of Army Staff Gen Manoj Pande said on Tuesday, amid growing global concerns over China’s aggressive military muscle-flexing in the reg
- Opinion: Not Easy For BJP Leadership To Salvage Tamil Nadu Allianceon 2023-09-26 at 04:45
From the jump, the AIADMK-BJP alliance in Tamil Nadu was a consequence of the support needed by factions of the Dravidian party to take control of the government and the party after the death of former Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in 2016.
- BJP Pulls Out Top Guns In Madhya Pradesh, Trouble For Shivraj Chouhan?on 2023-09-26 at 04:29
In a surprise move, soon after PM Modi’s visit to Bhopal, that has set political circles abuzz, the party announced it is fielding seven Lok Sabha members, three of them union ministers, and also its national general secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya.
- ‘True statesman PM’ whose actions spoke louder than his words: Congress hails Manmohan Singh on his birthdayon 2023-09-26 at 04:09
The Congress party celebrated former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s 91st birthday, praising him as a true statesman and lauding his contributions to nation-building. Party leader Mallikarjun Kharge described Singh as a leader whose actions spoke louder than his words, while Rahul Gandhi commended his integrity and commitment to economic upliftment.
- Jaishankar to address United Nations General Assemblyon 2023-09-26 at 04:02
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar is set to address the 78th United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) today. During his visit to New York, Jaishankar met with various world leaders, including the President of UNGA and his counterparts from Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Mexico, and Cambodia. He also participated in an event discussing partnerships and highlighted the double standards prevalent in the world.
- “Pray For His Long Life”: PM Modi Wishes Manmohan Singh On 91st Birthdayon 2023-09-26 at 03:59
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday greeted his predecessor Manmohan Singh on the occasion of the Congress leader’s 91st birthday.
- Pics: Work At Ram Temple Site In Full Swing, Grand Inauguration In Januaryon 2023-09-26 at 03:45
The Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra today released the latest construction pictures of the Ram Temple in Uttar Pradesh’s Ayodhya.
- PM Modi wishes predecessor Manmohan Singh on his 91st birthdayon 2023-09-26 at 03:30
Prime Minister Narendra Modi extended birthday wishes to former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, who turned 91. Singh, known for his role in economic reforms during his tenure as Finance Minister and as India’s Prime Minister from 2004-2014, has been facing health issues.
- AAP Leaders’ Perfect Shot With Newlyweds Parineeti Chopra, Raghav Chadhaon 2023-09-26 at 03:29
Aam Aadmi Party MP Raghav Chadha and actor Parineeti Chopra tied the knot on Sunday at the Leela Palace Hotel in Rajasthan’s Udaipur in the presence of close friends and family members.
- PM Modi on two-day visit to Gujarat from Sep 26, to participate in programme marking 20 years of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summiton 2023-09-26 at 03:19
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Gujarat from September 26 to 27, during which he will participate in a programme marking the completion of 20 years of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit and dedicate to the nation as well as lay the foundation stone of projects worth crores of rupees. The Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit started in 2003 when Modi was the chief minister of Gujarat.
- 3 Arrested In UP’s Kushinagar For Allegedly Gang-Raping Teen In Moving Caron 2023-09-26 at 02:41
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly kidnapped and gang-raped in a moving vehicle in Uttar Pradesh’s Kushinagar earlier this month, police said.
- Aadhaar foolproof, Moody’s wrong: Govton 2023-09-26 at 01:54
- Canada Asks Citizens In India To Stay Vigilant As Row Escalates: 10 Factson 2023-09-26 at 01:53
Amid a huge diplomatic row over the killing of Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar, Canada has updated its travel advisory, asking its citizens in India to “stay vigilant and exercise caution”.
- “Over A Billion Indians…”: Centre Counters Moody’s Aadhaar Criticismon 2023-09-26 at 01:52
Responding to global credit agency Moody’s claims that Aadhaar poses privacy and security risks, and the use of its biometric technology in humid climates is unreliable, Centre on Monday termed the assertions baseless and lacking evidence.
- Assailants allegedly paint ‘PFI’ on soldier’s bodyon 2023-09-26 at 01:52
- Can’t say if I will remain finance minister: Ajit Pawarby Anurag Bende on 2023-09-26 at 01:51
- ‘We need to sit and talk…’: Sri Lankan foreign minister Ali Sabry on fishermen issue with Indiaon 2023-09-26 at 01:49
Sri Lankan Foreign Minister Ali Sabry has called for India and Sri Lanka to hold talks to address the issue of fishermen between the two nations. Sabry emphasized the importance of negotiation and expressed confidence in finding a win-win solution. He acknowledged the pressure from fishermen in both countries and highlighted the need to protect their livelihoods.
- 2 newborns freeze to death at clinic run by quack in UP townby Sachin Sharma on 2023-09-26 at 01:48
An unlicensed practitioner in Shamli, Uttar Pradesh, was arrested and charged after two newborns died due to extreme cold at her clinic. The infants had been born at a government hospital and were later shifted to the private clinic on the same day. The parents discovered the babies dead the following morning and demanded action.
- Govt working on mechanism to bridge gap in crop estimates and outputby Dipak K Dash on 2023-09-26 at 01:44
The Union food secretary of India has acknowledged a mismatch in crop estimates and production, and the government is working to revamp the mechanism. The issue was flagged by the finance minister, as deficient rains could impact kharif crop production. In the past, wheat and other crop estimates have been inaccurate, resulting in the government intervening to control prices. The government aims to minimize this disparity through triangulation of data and expects results in the next one to two years.
- Polls ahead, PM Modi asks party to tell all of govt’s achievementsby Akhilesh Kumar Singh on 2023-09-26 at 01:41
- Coach who accused Olympian of harassment served chargesheeton 2023-09-26 at 01:41
Trouble continues to mount for the junior woman coach who accused Haryana minister and Olympian Sandeep Singh of sexual harassment. Now, the district sports officer of Panchkula has served her a chargesheet.
- Centre to pilot AI course in 54 tribal schools in 6 statesby Ambika Pandit on 2023-09-26 at 01:37
- Supreme Court: Verify biometrics, reissue Aadhaar cards in Manipurby Dhananjay Mahapatra on 2023-09-26 at 01:35
The Supreme Court of India has refused to get involved in the Kuki-Meitei ethnic conflict in Manipur, instead focusing on relief and rehabilitation efforts for those affected by the violence. The court has asked the Unique Identification Authority of India to reissue Aadhaar cards to displaced persons, ensuring proper verification of past biometrics stored with the authority. The court has also requested the appointment of a nodal officer in Delhi to address grievances and compensation claims from those displaced from Manipur and living in other states.
- PM Modi To Distribute About 51,000 Appointment Letterson 2023-09-25 at 23:45
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will distribute on Tuesday via video conferencing about 51,000 appointment letters to newly-inducted employees in various government departments.
- Centre Approves One-Year Extension To RBI Deputy Governoron 2023-09-25 at 23:19
The government on Monday extended the term of RBI Deputy Governor M Rajeshwar Rao for a period of one year, according to sources.
- Removed Congress Made Madhya Pradesh ‘Bimaru Rajya’ Stigma: Shivraj Chouhanon 2023-09-25 at 22:19
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday slammed the Congress and said that the party had made Madhya Pradesh a ‘Bimaru Rajya’ and his government removed that stigma.
- 5 Killed After School Bus Collides With Auto-Rickshaw In Keralaon 2023-09-25 at 21:51
Five people were killed after a school bus collided with an auto-rickshaw in Kerala’s Kasargod, officials said on Monday.
- Russia Says It Downs Seven Ukrainian Drones Over Belgorod, Kursk Regionson 2023-09-25 at 20:42
Russian air defence units shot down seven Ukrainian drones over southern Belgorod region on Monday, regional governor Vyacheslav Gladkov said on Telegram.
- “Rs 12,000 Debt On Every Person In Punjab”, Claims State BJP Chiefon 2023-09-25 at 19:36
The BJP’s Punjab president, Sunil Jakhar, on Monday voiced concern over the state’s financial situation saying that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government was heavily in debt.
- Amit Khare Gets Extension As Advisor To PM Modion 2023-09-25 at 19:02
Former bureaucrat Amit Khare was on Monday given extension as advisor to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, a Personnel Ministry order said.
- Air India Enters Codeshare Agreement With AIX Connecton 2023-09-25 at 18:30
Air India on Monday said it has entered into a codeshare agreement with AIX Connect (formerly known as Air Asia India).
- 4 Vehicles Burnt, Private Firm’s Staff Assaulted By Maoists In Jharkhandon 2023-09-25 at 18:10
At least four vehicles were set on fire and employees of a private firm assaulted at a railway construction site by members of the banned CPI (Maoist) at Chandwa in Latehar adjoining Ranchi border on Monday evening, police said.