News from: NDTV, Timesofindia.com & Thehindu.com
- Starting this Spring, Nepal to make carrying electronic chips mandatory for Everest climberson 2024-02-24 at 08:38
The chips would cost around $10 to $15
- What Changes After Assam Scraps Muslim Marriage Registration Lawon 2024-02-24 at 08:30
The Assam government has decided to repeal the personal law governing marriages and divorces among Muslims in a big push towards a Uniform Civil Code (ICC).
- Gautam Adani Meets Uber CEO, Hints At Future Collaborationson 2024-02-24 at 07:56
Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi, currently on a visit to India, met with Indian business magnate Gautam Adani, signaling potential future collaborations between Uber and the Adani Group.
- In Frames | 2 years of Russia – Ukraine waron 2024-02-24 at 07:27
As the Russia – Ukraine war enters its third year, The Hindu brings to you a slideshow of the most significant events from the past two years.
- After Congress-AAP Announce Seat Deal In Gujarat, An Apologyon 2024-02-24 at 07:15
Mumtaz Patel, the daughter of late Congress leader Ahmed Patel, expressed disappointment over the recent seat-sharing arrangement between the Congress and the AAP for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls in Gujarat.
- Yana Mir, Honoured By UK, Is A Journalist, YouTuber, TedX Speaker: 5 Factson 2024-02-24 at 07:06
The recent address of Yana Mir,a social activist and journalist from Jammu and Kashmir, at the UK Parliament has become a hot topic.
- Trump says his criminal indictments boosted his appeal to Black voterson 2024-02-24 at 06:59
Trump argues he is the victim of political persecution, even though there is no evidence President Joe Biden or White House officials influenced the filing of 91 felony charges against him
- 22, Including Children, Killed As Tractor Falls In Pond In UP’s Kasganjon 2024-02-24 at 06:39
At least 22 pilgrims – including children and women – died and 10 others were injured in Uttar Pradesh after their tractor-trolley fell in a pond, the police said.
- Congress, AAP Announce Seat-Sharing Formula For Delhi, 3 Stateson 2024-02-24 at 06:12
The Aam Aadmi Party and the Congress have agreed to a 4:3 seat-sharing formula for Delhi to put up a joint fight in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. They have also reached a deal for Gujarat, Haryana, Goa, and Chandigarh.
- Kerala Priest Hit By Car For Objecting To High-Speed Driving Near Churchon 2024-02-24 at 05:48
A priest was hit by a vehicle near a church in Krerala’s Kottayam a day ago by some boys for objecting to their high speed driving within the grounds of the place of worship, police said today.
- India’s AI Market Poised For Explosive Growth, Reaching $17 Billion By 2027on 2024-02-24 at 05:34
The report involved a survey of more than 65 respondents across larger-tech and mid-tech companies as well as companies in the business process management space and global capability centres.
- Ukraine claims it downed another Russian early warning and control plane in a major blow to Moscowon 2024-02-24 at 05:06
The Russian military never commented on the Ukrainian claim, but Russian bloggers and some media confirmed the aircraft’s loss
- U.S. downs three Houthi drones, strikes anti-ship missileson 2024-02-24 at 05:01
U.S. forces “shot down three Houthi one-way attack [drones] near several commercial ships operating in the Red Sea”
- ‘Everything is getting worse’: fatigue marks Ukraine war anniversaryon 2024-02-24 at 03:57
Zelensky has warned allies that Russia is taking advantage of these setbacks and that Ukrainian defences could collapse
- India’s Latest Move After US Frees Cop Who Ran Over Andhra Studenton 2024-02-24 at 03:57
A day after a US prosecutor decided to not pursue criminal charges against the Seattle police officer who killed 23-year-old Indian student Jaahnavi Kandula, the Indian embassy on Saturday sought a review of the decision.
- Pakistan dynasty’s crown jewel breeds resentment amidst electoral upseton 2024-02-24 at 03:48
Home to around 14 million people, Lahore has sucked up half of Punjab’s development budget in recent years
- Artificial intelligence in focus at world’s top mobile fair in Spainon 2024-02-24 at 03:42
Google and South Korean giant Samsung have both recently unveiled new flagship handsets with flashy AI-power tools
- At least 15 killed in fire in east China’s Nanjingon 2024-02-24 at 03:27
Footage circulating on Chinese social networks showed a skyscraper on fire in the middle of the night, with black smoke pouring from it
- What Byju’s Said After Shareholders Move To Oust CEOon 2024-02-24 at 03:19
Crisis-hit edtech star Byju’s has contested Friday’s decision of its shareholders to oust its founder as the chief executive officer.
- Thousands protest Pakistan Supreme Court minorities rulingon 2024-02-24 at 03:05
In his judgement, Chief Justice Isa ruled that according to the constitution, “every citizen shall have the right to profess, practice and propagate his religion”
- 1 Killed In Massive Blast At Manipur University Campuson 2024-02-24 at 03:05
One person died and another suffered injuries in a blast inside a university compound in Manipur’s Imphal on Friday.
- At least nine killed after fire guts Spanish apartment blockon 2024-02-24 at 02:45
Valencia has announced three days of mourning and suspended the start of its month-long annual festival
- Germany joins legal cannabis clubon 2024-02-24 at 02:29
Some 4.5 million Germans are estimated to use cannabis
- Amazon says repays $1.9 million to workers in Saudi over unlawful feeson 2024-02-24 at 02:18
Labour supply companies have threatened to impose steep fines for workers who want to cut short their contracts
- Trump’s lawyers call for dismissal of classified documents case, citing presidential immunityon 2024-02-24 at 02:16
Trump’s lawyers on late Thursday echoed arguments that were roundly rejected by a federal appeals court this month in his 2020 election interference case in Washington
- Farmers’ March Paused Till Feb 29, Protesters To Hold Ground At Borderson 2024-02-24 at 02:13
Farmer leaders on Friday announced that the future course of action regarding their ‘Delhi Chalo’ march will be decided on February 29.
- Hundred-car collision on icy China road causes nine injurieson 2024-02-24 at 02:12
Road accidents are common in China due to a lack of strict safety controls
- Blinken, in Argentina, hails Javier Milei’s efforts on economyon 2024-02-24 at 02:09
Milei, an economist and former sharp-tongued pundit, has taken a strongly pro-U.S. stance
- Israel seeks open-ended control in post-war Gazaon 2024-02-24 at 02:02
Israel seeks open-ended control over security and civilian affairs in the Gaza Strip, according to a long-awaited postwar plan by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
- U.S. moon lander described as tipped over sideways but ‘alive and well’ on lunar surfaceon 2024-02-24 at 01:59
Still, CEO Stephen Altemus said Odysseus ‘is stable near or at our intended landing site’ near a crater called Malapert A in the region of the moon’s south pole
- ‘Mahabharat’ Actor’s Estranged Wife Goes To Court With New Chargeson 2024-02-24 at 01:32
Smita Bharadwaj, who is fighting a divorce case against her actor husband Nitish Bharadwaj, has filed a ‘darkhast’ (application) in a family court demanding that his property be sold for recovery of Rs 10,000 per month to each daughter.
- “Pressure Being Put On Us To Walk Out Of INDIA Bloc,” Alleges AAPon 2024-02-24 at 00:16
Aam Aadmi Party leader Dilip Pandey has alleged that pressure is being put on his party and on Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal to walk out of the INDIA bloc.
- 2 Dead, Several Injured After Cement Tanker Hits Bus In Gujarat: Copson 2024-02-23 at 23:07
Two people died and several others were injured after a cement tanker hit a bus on the Ahmedabad-Vadodara Expressway in Nadiad in the late hours on Friday.
- “I Wrote The Book Because…”: S Jaishankar On His ‘Why Bharat Matters’on 2024-02-23 at 22:57
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said that whether you’re an Indian national or someone living abroad, it is important to understand ‘Why Bharat Matters’, because it will be bigger in the coming decade and in the century.
- “There Should Be A Solution Through Dialogue”: Farmer Leader Rakesh Tikaiton 2024-02-23 at 21:55
After rounds of inconclusive talks between Centre and farmers over their demands, Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) leader Rakesh Tikait said that there should be a solution through dialogue and continuous talks with Centre are going on.
- Gold Worth Rs 2.49 Crore Seized At Mumbai Airporton 2024-02-23 at 19:05
Mumbai Customs seized over 4.65 Kg of gold valued at Rs 2.49 crores across 12 different cases on Friday.
- Will Decide Next Steps On Delhi March On February 29: Farmer Leaderson 2024-02-23 at 19:02
Farmer leaders on Friday said they will decide their next course of action on their ‘Delhi Chalo’ call on February 29, and announced a candle march on Saturday and burning of Centre’s effigies two days later.
- “Which Law Gives Legitimacy To Child Born Outside Formal Marriage?” Courton 2024-02-23 at 18:51
The Supreme Court on Friday sought to know which law gives legitimacy to children born outside a formal marriage, be it void or voidable.
- Watch | Two years of Russia-Ukraine war: Has India’s foreign policy changed at all?on 2024-02-23 at 17:58
We get you the picture that emerged at the Ministry of External Affairs’ annual Raisina Dialogue
- UAE dropped from FATF’s financial crime watch liston 2024-02-23 at 16:39
The European Union still lists the UAE as a high-risk country for money laundering and terrorist financing, along with countries like South Africa, North Korea and Afghanistan
- Russian cultural figures seek release of Navalny’s bodyon 2024-02-23 at 15:44
More than 25 film makers, artists, Nobel Prize winners and opponents of President Vladimir Putin have so far called for his body to be released.
- Armenia says ‘froze’ participation in Moscow-led security blocon 2024-02-23 at 15:34
In a sign of its ambition for new security guarantees, Yerevan is seeking to rely more on its Western partners — mainly on France and the United States — than on Russia.
- Former ‘ISIS bride’ Shamima Begum loses appeal over the removal of UK citizenshipon 2024-02-23 at 15:26
A woman who traveled to Syria as a teenager to join the Islamic State group has lost her appeal against the British government’s decision to revoke her U.K. citizenship
- U.S. piles new sanctions on Russia on war’s anniversaryon 2024-02-23 at 15:20
The Treasury Department imposes more than 500 new sanctions, targeting Russia’s financial sector, defence industrial base and procurement networks; EU announces asset freezes
- Hezbollah says 2 paramedics, fighter dead in Israeli strike on Lebanonon 2024-02-23 at 15:10
The Islamic Health Committee said the attack caused “the destruction of the health centre as well as a number of ambulances”.
- Rape and sexual violence in Sudan’s ongoing conflict may amount to war crimes, a new UN report sayson 2024-02-23 at 11:48
The report documents abuses in a country that has been largely inaccessible to aid groups and rights monitors.
- China, EU hold talks on cooperation in autos, raw materialson 2024-02-23 at 11:48
China ‘is willing to work with the EU to deepen mutually beneficial and win-win cooperation and achieve common development,’ a top official said
- Fresh blow to Imran Khan’s party as PML-N candidates’ victory notified from Islamabad seatson 2024-02-23 at 10:36
Backed by Imran Khan’s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party, three losing candidates had petitioned in the Islamabad High Court, alleging manipulation of the results.
- Two years of Russia-Ukraine war | Timelineon 2024-02-23 at 10:15
February 24, 2024 marks the second year of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- Indian-American student freezes to death after being denied entry by a club near Illinois Universityon 2024-02-23 at 09:10
The parents of the student have filed a complaint with the University of Illinois Police and questioned the police about their search and the protocol they followed during the search
- Benjamin Netanyahu publishes details of his plan for post-war Gazaon 2024-02-23 at 09:05
The plan was presented to Cabinet Ministers on February 22. It reiterates that Israel is determined to crush Hamas, the militant group that overran the Gaza Strip in 2007.
- Vietnam aims to produce 1-5 lakh tonnes of hydrogen a year by 2030on 2024-02-23 at 07:30
The output would be raised to 10-20 million tonnes by 2050, including green hydrogen, according to a government document.