News from: NDTV, Timesofindia.com & Thehindu.com
- High Court steps in, Telangana govt and governor reach a dealby M Sagar Kumar on 2023-01-30 at 23:42
After being at loggerheads for nearly two years, governor Tamilisai Soundararajan and the state government arrived at a compromise on Monday thanks to the intervention of the Telangana high court. The state had approached the court over the governor not giving her consent to the upcoming budget, after which a bench of Chief Justice Ujjal Bhuyan and Justice N Tukaramji asked the two sides to find an amicable solution.
- More Than 100 Students Fall Sick Due To Suspected Food Poisoning In Andhraon 2023-01-30 at 23:39
More than a hundred students from a school in Palnadu fell ill and were hospitalised due to suspected food poisoning.
- PUBG addict’s violence forces mother, sister to flee homeon 2023-01-30 at 23:36
- Dacoit wanted in 3 states held in Raj after fierce gunfighton 2023-01-30 at 23:33
- 2 held for throwing bottle at Kailash Kheron 2023-01-30 at 23:31
- Akhilesh joins row over Ramcharitmanas, says will seek Yogi’s translationon 2023-01-30 at 23:25
- 2 Goa ministers condemn Amit Shah for remark on water sharingon 2023-01-30 at 23:22
- Rs 4 lakh crore likely for rail, highways next fiscalby Dipak K Dash on 2023-01-30 at 23:15
The highways and railway sectors are likely to get a combined budgetary allocation of over Rs 4 lakh crore, the highest ever. Both the ministries may see 20-30% increase in their allocation considering their track record in spending so far. During the current financial year, the Centre has allocated almost Rs 2 lakh crore for the road transport and highways ministry and going by the current trend of expenditure; the total spending is likely to touch Rs 2.1 lakh crore by March end.
- NEET aspirant hangs self in Kotaon 2023-01-30 at 23:06
- Leprosy prevalence rate down in 2014-15 to 0.45on 2023-01-30 at 23:02
- Dip in number of students from minorities last year: AISHEby Manash Pratim Gohain on 2023-01-30 at 22:59
- Heritage Hindu temple defaced with anti-India graffiti in Canadaby PTI on 2023-01-30 at 22:44
The defacing of Gauri Shankar Mandir in Brampton is not an isolated incident, with at least three similar acts of vandalism recorded in Canada since last July.
- MP scrap dealer held after deaths of mineon 2023-01-30 at 22:40
- Witnesses in AI urination case not deposing in prosecution’s favour: Courtby Vineet Upadhyay on 2023-01-30 at 22:37
A Delhi court on Monday reserved its order on the bail plea filed by Shankar Mishra, arrested for urinating on a fellow woman passenger on board an Air India flight in November last year. Additional sessions judge Harjyot Singh Bhalla said Mishra’s act might be disgusting, but the court would go by the law. The order is likely to be pronounced on Tuesday.
- Uttarakhand’s Chamoli Official Submits Settlement Plan For Joshimathon 2023-01-30 at 22:36
Chamoli District Magistrate Himanshu Khurana on Monday suggested three options for the settlement of the displaced people in land subsidence-hit Joshimath, officials said.
- Leftists instigating protests in Joshimath, says BJP netaby Gaurav Talwar on 2023-01-30 at 22:34
- Joshimath Dalits allege bias in relief work, probe onby Kalyan Das on 2023-01-30 at 22:26
- End systematic persecution of minorities, India tells Pakistanon 2023-01-30 at 22:13
- 6 arrested for blocking, misleading EDby Vijay V Singh on 2023-01-30 at 22:09
Former chairman of Pune-based Seva Vikas Cooperative Bank landed in jail along with five members of his family after they locked themselves inside their flat for a few hours to prevent Enforcement Directorate (ED) officials from searching their flat. They allegedly used the time to destroy evidence.
- Morbi bridge collapse: Oreva accepts high court directive on compensation calculationon 2023-01-30 at 22:02
Oreva Group company Ajanta Monday accepted the Gujarat high court’s directive to calculate compensation payable to the families of the 135 victims in the Morbi suspension footbridge collapse like it’s done for motor vehicle accident claims or follow the Supreme Court’s recompense formula in one such case involving the death of a family’s breadwinner.
- Denied ticket, sixth BJP MLA in Tripura quitsby Biswendu Bhattacharjee on 2023-01-30 at 21:50
- Rape accused gets short bail to marry survivorby Pankul Sharma on 2023-01-30 at 21:46
- Man gets death for rape, murder of 9-year-oldon 2023-01-30 at 21:43
A 22-year-old man was sentenced to death on Monday by a special court for Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (Pocso) Act cases in Vapi of Gujarat’s Valsad district for the rape and murder of a nine-year-old girl in February 2020. The minor was found hanging at her home and the accused attempted to stage a scene of a suicide.
- Brazil's Bolsonaro applies for 6-month U.S. visitor visaby AP on 2023-01-30 at 21:42
Brazil’s former President Jair Bolsonaro has filed a request for a six-month visitor visa to stay in the U.S., indicating he may have no immediate intention to return home, where legal issues await
- 14 Get Life Sentence In Connection With Ex-BJP MLA’s Murderon 2023-01-30 at 21:08
A local court here on Monday sentenced 14 people to life imprisonment in connection with the murder of former Iglas MLA Malkhan Singh and his bodyguard.
- Explained | What’s behind the Pakistani Taliban’s deadly insurgency?by AP on 2023-01-30 at 19:09
A look at the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, which has waged an insurgency in the country for 15 years:
- Economic Survey Likely To Peg 2023-24 Growth At Slowest In 3 Years: Reporton 2023-01-30 at 18:20
India’s annual pre-budget economic survey is likely to peg GDP growth at 6-6.8% for 2023-24, according to a source.
- Quantum Computing Will Be At The Core Of India’s Tech growth: IT Ministeron 2023-01-30 at 18:19
Quantum computing will be at the centre of growth and expansion in India’s ‘techade’ and Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision is to create a India-centric tech ecosystem with partners and players around the world, the IT minister said.
- Explained | What does the recent wave of tech layoffs mean? by Diksha Munjal on 2023-01-30 at 18:07
American technology companies, including giants like Amazon and Google-parent Alphabet, laid off more than 1,50,000 employees in 2022 and over 40,000 in January of this year alone
- Won’t Join BJP, RSS Even If They Make Me PM Or President: Siddaramaiahon 2023-01-30 at 17:49
Congress leader and former Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah has lashed out at the BJP and JD-S saying that those parties have no ideology or rationality.
- 100 Students From Kerala School Hospitalised, Food Poisoning Suspectedon 2023-01-30 at 17:41
Close to 100 students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya in Lakkidi area of Wayanad district of Kerala developed vomiting, diarrhoea and abdominal pain over the last few days,
- Rajeev Singh Raghuvanshi Appointed As Drugs Controller General Of Indiaon 2023-01-30 at 17:37
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has recommended the name of DrRajeev Singh Raghuvanshi as the new Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI).
- Foldable iPad Might Come As Early As 2024, Says Apple Analyst: Reporton 2023-01-30 at 17:30
American tech giant Apple could be on track to release a foldable iPad as early as next year, according to supply chain analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, reported The Verge, an American technology news website.
- Sarpanch’s Husband Attempts To Set Himself On Fire In Telanganaon 2023-01-30 at 17:29
The sarpanch of Nandipet along with her husband staged a protest outside Nizamabad Collector’s office on Monday.
- Pakistan’s Peshawar hit by blast at mosque; 61 dead, 150 injuredby PTI on 2023-01-30 at 17:20
The attack happened during afternoon worship in the provincial capital of Peshawar, close to former tribal areas that border Afghanistan where militancy has been steadily rising
- Central Team Visits Schools In Bengal To Review Midday Meal Schemeon 2023-01-30 at 17:15
A 13-member central team on Monday started a review of the midday meal scheme in schools in West Bengal, a senior official said.
- Stones Thrown At My Convoy, Says Nitish Kumar’s Sulking Aideon 2023-01-30 at 17:15
Disgruntled JD(U) leader Upendra Kushwaha, who recently raised a banner of revolt against Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, on Monday alleged that his car was pelted with stones in Bhojpur district of the state.
- Man Gets Bail After Arrest For Fake Tweet About Haryana Chief Ministeron 2023-01-30 at 17:08
A 31-year-old man was arrested allegedly for sharing on Facebook a morphed screenshot of a tweet made by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
- Gorakhnath Temple Attacker Sentenced To Death In UPon 2023-01-30 at 17:06
A special court here on Monday awarded the death penalty to a man who was booked for waging war against the government after he assaulted a Uttar Pradesh armed police force’s jawan at the Gorakhnath temple.
- 'Tradition of diplomacy' will help Russia solve Ukraine conflict: Pakistan Foreign Ministerby PTI on 2023-01-30 at 17:06
Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, who is on his maiden trip to Moscow, is aiming to bolster economic and bilateral ties with Russia and seek discounted oil for cash-strapped Pakistan
- COVID-19 remains a public health emergency, says WHOby Reuters on 2023-01-30 at 16:59
The pandemic was likely in a “transition point” that continues to need careful management to “mitigate the potential negative consequences”, the WHO added in a statement
- 35 Pending Bills In Parliament, Here’s The Liston 2023-01-30 at 16:59
Ahead of the start of the Budget Session of Parliament, 26 Bills are currently pending in the Rajya Sabha and 9 in the Lok Sabha for passage, as per the government records.
- Kerala Bar Council Seeks Explanation From Lawyer Accused Of Bribing Judgeson 2023-01-30 at 16:57
The Kerala Bar Council on Monday sought an explanation from a leading lawyer in the state, who is, presently, facing allegations of having tried to settle cases at the High Court by bribing judges.
- 22-Year-Old Medical Aspirant Dies By Suicide In Kota Hostel Roomon 2023-01-30 at 16:54
A 22-year-old NEET aspirant allegedly hanged himself in his hostel room under the Kunhari police station area here, police said on Monday.
- Adani Group Gets $400 Million Investment From UAE Royals In Share Saleon 2023-01-30 at 16:50
Billionaire Gautam Adani’s embattled group clutched on to a $400-million investment by Abu Dhabi’s International Holding Co. in its flagship firm’s share sale to restore confidence in the conglomerate.
- “Deepika Is Amar, I’m Akbar, John Is Anthony”: SRK’s Message On Unityon 2023-01-30 at 16:48
The actors are just playing characters and not trying to hurt anyone’s sentiments, underlined superstar Shah Rukh Khan, adding that the aim of cinema is to “spread happiness, brotherhood, love, kindness”.
- China's Sichuan to scrap three-child limit as birth rates dropby AFP on 2023-01-30 at 16:41
China’s population shrank last year for the first time in more than six decades
- Russia seeks 'new level' of China tiesby Reuters on 2023-01-30 at 16:39
Russia aims to reach its target of $200 billion worth of trade between the two countries
- Rahul Gandhi Says Was “Warned Of Grenade Attack If I Walked In Kashmir”on 2023-01-30 at 16:33
Rahul Gandhi, who concluded his 135-day-long Bharat Jodo Yatra on Monday, said he went against the advice of security agencies after they warned him of a grenade attack if he walked during last leg of the yatra in Kashmir.
- Turkey's Opposition pledges to strip President of powersby AFP on 2023-01-30 at 15:22
The six parties united against President Recep Tayyip Erdogan also pledged to agree on a joint candidate in the crucial vote on February 13
- Blinken urges Israel-Palestinian calm as violence soarsby AP on 2023-01-30 at 14:09
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken is urging Israel and the Palestinians to exercise restraint amid a spike in violence that has put the region on edge
- Putin threatened to lob missile at me, says Boris Johnsonby AFP on 2023-01-30 at 14:03
The apparent threat came in a phone call just ahead of the invasion on February 24, according to a new BBC documentary